Tuesday 12 March 2013

316: Fight From The Inside

“Brothers and sisters, I ask you to stand firm with me today, united in our fight.  We have suffered this tyranny for far too long.  Our wishes, our wants, our needs are ignored, every single day.  And it can’t go on.

“We deserve better.  You deserve better.

“You elected me to represent you and I plan to do that to the very best I can.  I will take our demands to management and insist they listen.  And I will tell them, if we do not get what we want, we will take action.  All of us, together.

“So if they refuse to move morning sleepy time by fifteen minutes so we can watch Postman Pat, then we won’t settle to our naps until they do.  If they won’t heat up our milk on cold days, we will spill it on ourselves, on them and on the floor.  If they don’t agree to cut up the lunch of every child, we will all squish our food in our fists, then let go and watch as it falls onto the carpet.  And if they persist in removing our num-nums, even if they know we might be nervous or missing Mummy, we will all begin strategic thumb sucking.  Let’s see how they take those away from us.

“I don’t think we’re being unreasonable, brothers and sisters.  All we want is what is fair and what we would get anywhere else.  We get it at home, we want it here.

“You deserve better.  We all deserve better.”

No comments:

Post a Comment