Friday 29 June 2012

60: Sir Jonathan Reaffirms


The Rt Hon Sir Jonathan Murgatroyd today made this statement:

“I regret having to take this step but in light of the continuing unfounded allegations against me, I feel I have no option but make a public statement at this time.

“I have never met Mr Gillard Ruddygore.  I have never had a relationship with Mr Gillard Ruddygore.  I have never borrowed money from Mr Gillard Ruddygore.  Although I have previously conversed with Mr Ruddygore electronically, ours has always been a strictly business relationship.  Until Sunday’s newspaper report, I believed Mr Ruddygore to be a financial adviser from Runcorn.

“With hindsight, I should not have requested photographic confirmation from Mr Ruddygore that he was as muscular as a bullock, nor should I have suggested any form of attire he might wear in such a photograph.  It was inappropriate and had no bearing on any business venture we may have planned together.

“Nor should I have requested details of financial schemes that have been wilfully misinterpreted by the gutter press as ‘get-rich-quick’ schemes.  I merely hoped Mr Ruddygore, in his role as a financial advisor, might be able to help me invest a small windfall I had received from a family passing in a way that maximized my short term gains.  I certainly did not press Mr Ruddygore for financial incentives in return for a business advantage associated with my public duties.

“I would like to apologize if I have caused any misunderstanding and in particular, to my beloved wife Doreen.  Arranging to meet Mr Ruddygore in our holiday home for a weekend was perhaps an error of judgement, even though it provided a perfect location for a long business meeting where we would not be overlooked or interrupted.

“I would like to reassure my constituents and the party that I fully intend to put this unfortunate matter behind me and will resume my portfolio of duties later today.

“That is all I have to say on the matter.”

Inspired by “Sir Jonathan Reaffirms Apple Role”


No comments:

Post a Comment